YMCA of Sandusky County
Fremont YMCA Warriors Football
To teach the fundamentals of football, team play, sportsmanship, and fitness. This program will furnish each player with football pads and equipment to compete against other teams from other towns in the same grade level.
Come out and play for the Fremont Warriors and compete in the Sandusky Bay Conference made up of Bellevue, Clyde, Oak Harbor, Sandusky, Perkins, Genoa, Vermillon, Norwalk, Port Clinton, Gibsonburg, Oregon and Fremont.
The YMCA tackle football program is open to all 5th and 6th graders, 4th graders if interested are also eligible to play on the 5th grade team.
When are Practices?
Practices are set by the coach of the team. You will have 3-4 practices a week up to the first game. After that, you are allowed 2 per week
When are Games?
Games are on Sundays and usually start 1st Sunday in September. For all home and away games, 5th grade plays at 1:00pm and 6th grade plays at 3:00 pm. Home field is Don Paul Stadium in Fremont.
What does my player need?
The YMCA provides program supplies including helmet, shoulder pads, practice jersey, game jersey and practice/game pants.
Football Cleats …are permitted but no metal spikes are allowed.
Mouth Piece…Sold at Equipment checkout
Physical… Is needed. Required to be completed no later than August 2nd (no exceptions)
Mandatory Parents/ Player Meeting: TBA
2021 Off – Season schedule
- Registration dates – May 10th – July 31st
- Registration fees – YMCA members: $95, Non members: $115
- First day of conditioning July 7th
- Conditioning is every Wednesday and Sunday from 6:00pm – 7:00pm @ Hayes United Methodist Church
- Equipment fitting day: July 18th – 6th grade at 3:00p 5th grade at 3:45pm
- Fist Day of Helmets – August 16th
- Helmet and shoulder pads – August 9th
- Full Pads – August 16th
- Jamboree Scrimmage @ Tiffin August 21st