YMCA of Sandusky County
Fremont YMCA Warriors Football
To teach the fundamentals of football, team play, sportsmanship, and fitness. This program will furnish each player with football pads and equipment to compete against other teams from other towns in the same grade level.
Come out and play for the Fremont Warriors. 5th and 6th graders compete in the Sandusky Bay Conference made up of Bellevue, Clyde, Oak Harbor, and more! The 3rd/4th grade team will play in the North West Ohio Football Association, made up of teams such as Woodville, Bowling Green, Anthony Wayne, and more!
The YMCA tackle football program is open to youth grades 3rd-6th.
When are Practices?
Practices are set by the coach of the team. You will have 3-4 practices a week up to the first game. After that, you are allowed 2 per week.
When are the Games?
Games are on Sundays and usually start 1st Sunday in September. For all home and away games, 5th grade plays at 1:00 pm and 6th grade plays at 3:00 pm. The home field is Don Paul Stadium in Fremont.
What does my player need?
The YMCA provides program supplies including helmets, shoulder pads, practice jerseys, game jerseys, and practice/game pants.
Football Cleats …are permitted but no metal spikes are allowed.
Physical… Is required to be completed no later than July 31st (no exceptions)
Mandatory Parents/ Player Meeting: TBA
2022 Off-Season schedule
- Registration dates – May 16th – July 30th
- Fees – Member $95 / Non-Member $115
- First day of conditioning July 6th @ 6 pm
- Conditioning is every Wednesday and Sunday from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm @ Hayes United Methodist Church
- Wear shirts, shorts, and cleats, and bring WATER
- Equipment fitting day: July 17th – 5th/6th grade at 3:00 pm 3rd/4th grade at 4:00 pm
- First Mandatory Practice is Monday, August 1st, 2022
- Mandatory practices Monday – Thursday 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm