YMCA of Sandusky County
While in and around the Y, all members are expected to exhibit good behavior, common courtesy and respect for others and the facilities. This facility has been provided by members of this community and is maintained by your membership dollars.
While You Use The Y, It is Required That You Show Respect For Other By…
- No loitering or horseplay in the lobby, hallway areas or locker rooms
- Avoid fighting, aggressive or intimidating behavior
- Avoid the use of offensive and obscene language or gestures
- Shorts, pants and sweats must be waist high
- Must follow the requests of Y Staff members
To Keep The Y Clean and Safe
- Food is restricted to the lobby area ONLY, and may not be taken past the gate.
- Water and sports drinks will be allowed beyond the front gate ONLY if they are in a tightly secured bottle
- No smoking, chewing tobacco or gum is allowed in any part of the Y.
- Only bottles with closable caps are permitted beyond the front gate.
Areas Open to Youth Members During Non-Program Hours Are:
- Pool for open swim
- Free Weight Room is open to youth 16 or older or age 13 if youth has successfully completed the “Teens on Weights” training.
- Fitness Center is open to youth 16 or older or age 13 if youth has successfully completed the “Teens on Weights” training.
- Racquetball courts are available to youth ages 14 and older.
- Sauna is available to youth ages 16 and older only.
Registration and General Policies
Most programs run 6 weeks with registration for the next session during the 6th week; when applicable, the 7th week is used for make-up and decisions on which programs will run for the next session.
Late Registration Policy
Advanced registration with full payment is required for all programs. Those who register within the allotted time may be charged the regular program fee. After the allotted time, a $10 late charge may be applied to program, sports, activities and class registrations.
Registration Policy Regarding Balances and Returned Payments
A participant will not be able to register for any program if there is a balance due on any family account. This policy also includes guest day passes as well. The Y will charge a mandatory $25 fee for ANY returned payments.
Minimum Program Enrollments
Every effort will be made to ensure that a program is held at its scheduled time. Please be aware that at times classes may be combined or cancelled due to minimum required enrollment not being met.
Credit and Refund Policy
- A full refund will be issued if a program is canceled by the Y due to lack of enrollment.
- A full refund will be issued if request to withdraw from class is made before the first day of the session.
- A half credit will be issued if request to withdraw is made after the class has started, but before week three.
- After week three, no credit will be issued unless request is accompanied by a physician’s statement and then only pro-rated credit will be issued.
- Refunds or credits will not be issued for classes cancelled due to weather or holidays.
- Credit expires one year after issue date.
No classes made up unless the Y cancels or postpones a class, or close due to inclement weather.
YMCA Standards/Sexual Offender Policy
Any person who supports the purpose may become a member of this corporation in accordance with such provisions as may be established by the Board of Directors, and shall so continue to be a member unless the Board or its authorized agent concludes, in its sole discretion, that a member has failed to live up to the standards and commitments of being a member of this YMCA. We consider it of great importance to provide a safe and threat-free environment. For this reason, the YMCA monitors the national sexual offender registry. Persons on the list will not be eligible for YMCA membership, program participation, and volunteering or employment opportunities with this YMCA.
Military Discount Policy
The YMCA is proud of our citizens who are in the military:
- A person who has enlisted and is to be deployed out of the country within 60 days may purchase guest day passes half off ($3.50). Must present documentation showing deployment date.
- The immediate family of any deployed member of the military may purchase a Y membership at a 10% discount rate.
- An enlisted and deployed member of the military home on active leave may use the Y free while at home on leave. Must present documentation for verification.
- When enlisted and active military purchase a Y membership at regular rates, any applicable joiner fees shall be waived.
Youth Day Pass Peak Season Policy
From October 1 to April 30, day passes will not be available from 5-7:30pm to children under 12 years of age.
To ensure the safety of everyone and proper use of the equipment, the following restrictions are enforced.
For Everyone's Safety
Footballs, baseball bats, baseballs and batons are strictly prohibited from usage in our facility.* All persons must be properly dressed in ALL areas of the facility. Shirts and shoes are required. *Exceptions may be for Y sponsored programs.
The Y does not provide accident insurance for injuries sustained during YMCA activities. Members and program participants partake in programs and use the facilities at their own risk and are encouraged to have personal medical insurance coverage.
Children Ages 10 and Under
Must be accompanied at all times by a parent or responsible adult* while they are in the facility, unless they are in a supervised program. *Exception is POOL (See Swim Pool Policy)
Youth programs are completed by 9pm on weekdays. Youth are requested to leave the building by 9:15pm. After that time the parents of any child younger than 13 will be contacted. On weekends, the parents of any child still in the facility at closing time will be contacted. During these times, if the parents are not located or available, the proper authorities will be called.
Must have a parent or responsible adult* present in the facility, unless they are in a supervised program.
*Responsible adult pertains to individuals 15 years of age or older who have not committed an infraction of our behavior policy or have been previously disciplined for any reason.
Youth programs are completed by 9pm on weekdays. Youths are requested to leave the building by 9:15pm. After that time the parents of any child younger than 13 will be contacted. On weekends, the parents of any child still in the facility at closing time will be contacted. During these times, if the parents are not located or available, the proper authorities will be called.
Locker Room Guidelines
A parent accompanying his/her child of the opposite gender must use the Special Needs/Family Changing Room when the child is over four years of age. If using the Special Needs/Family Changing Room to change for the pool, please bring proper footwear for the hallways to prevent slips and falls.
The Y is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property. For your security, cameras are installed throughout the facility both inside and out. Please utilize our lockers. ALWAYS lock your items in our daily use lockers and NEVER leave any valuables in your vehicle or unattended.
Fitness Center and Free Weight Room
Children must between the ages of 13-15 years must have successfully completed the Teens on Weights Training from the Sandusky County YMCA to use the fitness center or the free weight room.
Children under the age of 10: must have a parent or responsible adult in the facility.
Children under 7: must be accompanied in the pool by parent or responsible adult.
There is open gym time daily; however, the gyms are used for various sports, programs and rentals. During these times, only participants in the scheduled activity or practice may use the gym.
Persons must be 16 years of age or older to use the sauna. No exceptions.
Tennis and Racquetball Courts
Tennis and Racquetball courts are first-come, first-serve unless paid advance reservations are made whenever Y programs are not in session. These are multi-use areas and may be used for many purposes. Check at desk for available times. The minimum age for children to play racquetball without parental supervision is 14.